You know it was only a matter of time before I brought up
this issue. It is one that is very close to my hart as some of the people who
are closest to me are homosexuals. My moms, my great grandma, my “ aunt” (she is
my mom’s best friend), my favorite teacher (and his two little sisters), my
great grandma and many more people. I also have a lot of people who are bi and
close to me, two of my best friends being the closest.
With that intro I think it is safe to assume you understand
I am a strong supporter of same-sex marriage.
And I have tried to here the other side out, tried to make since of
it-but I am telling you I honestly can not! Pleas if you think you can explain
it do. I will lay out my points for you
They have the right to be happy. America is supposed to be
founded on the idea that every one is equal. Obama said it quite perfectly in
his inauguration speech “if we really are created equal than isn’t our love for
one another equal” we can not advance as a nation until we are a truly free
nation. That is the truth. They are humans, Americans, why is it they are
denied the right to peruse happiness?
Get your religion out of the discussion. The US was
separated church and religion for a reason. It is against some religions to celebrate
holydays, yet we still do that. It is against some religions to eat pork yet
you don’t here them yelling at the government to make eating pork illegal. To
me this sounds like they are saying “well because it is against my religion I
cant do it so no one can” and that just makes no sense. No one is forcing you
to marry anyone. And that nonsense about gay people not being real religious
people-that just makes me mad. There are two people I now who follow the true beliefs
of there religion and are better people than most other people in there
religion. One is my theater director, who is a catholic and the other my great
grandma who is the sweetest woman alive and a christen. So in summation
religion is just not a valid counter argument.
THEY DO NOT WANT YOU! Stop being a homophob and thinking
just because they like the same sex and that is you that they want you. That’s
just conceded. That’s like thinking every girl wants you just because you are a
guy. I don’t want to here it, just stupid nonsense. Oh hey and true story:
people who are the most homophobic become most sexually aroused by gay porn,
food for thought.
By denying homosexuals the right to get married you deny them the right to not only happiness, but security. Often times people in
homosexual relationships have no rights to there partners estate after they
pass. The children involved in these partnerships could go to foster care. The
money and belongings could go to the state, and all because some religious
homophobe is scared a gay person will hit on them because they can get married.
Wooo what an American value, sounds like a nation I am proud of. NOT
Gay discrimination
"If they are allowed to be teachers they will molest the students".
OH MY GOSH DO YOU WATCH THE NEWS. I have never herd of a homosexual teacher molesting or having sexual relationships with any students. Straight teachers
on the other hand have affairs with students all the time. In the past year I
have herd of at least 5. I have to say my homosexual teachers are better at
there job than there straight counter parts.
so i am sitting in my debate class listening to a mock debate on guess what...gay Marriage. a freshman debater, Nahome is on the aff and was asking a member of the class about gay marriage. she responded "well to be gay is an abomination" and i am looking for someone to explain how she thinks she can judge people she does not know? i just do not get this at all! pleas someone SOS with trying to understand this. oh my old debate partner is giving his speech and i am proud of him, he is forced on the neg and he is not arguing that gays are bad, he is arguing that people will not pass it-a good defense in debate when you agree with the topic....OMG he just said we will have human extinction because we will not be able to reproduce. haha that's funny.
ReplyDeletegah my teacher is against gays. my best friend and I were playing around saying we were married-she got all offended! I cant stand homophobic people.
ReplyDelete