ill have my first post be a letter i wrought to one of my inspirations and reasons i am in politics. I did this because I am watching his show right now.
Bill Maher,
My name is Kristyl Parker and let me start off by saying what a big fan of yours i am! you are my Favorite comedian of all time. I watch your show as mush as i can and love every episode. I love that you give the facts and don't just poke fun. You can present the facts and anyone with half a mind can see that you are right. Someone once told me that if you use any part of your brain you are Democratic.
I feel that those who wish to stop things like same sex weddings and birth control for girls are foolish and immature. Though in the state i live in i might get shot for saying that. I am a 17 year old girl who lives in Houston, Texas. i my self am on birth control, though my grandma must pay out of pocket for this. I am not a bad kid either, i have 5 AP classes, am captain of the debate team, in AVID, a collage prep class, and seriously plan to run for president one day. i attend Sharpstown High School, witch is a "gheto" school, part of the Apollo program for the worst schools in HISD. my school has a day care in it. teen pregnancy is running rampant. Most girls in my school cant get birth control because there family's cant afford it. these are not bad girls. one girl i know just graduated and had a baby, she is in all AP classes and in AVID, we have dreams, but we are teens. Texas wont even teach sex education really. its all abstinence only.
I'm writhing this because maybe if you talk about it something can be done. the fact is abstinence just wont work with teenagers, why is it so wrong to prevent them from messing up there life with one stupid action?
thank you
sincerely
Kristyl Parker
No comments:
Post a Comment